Thursday, August 9, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge, Day 9, Rainbow Nails

For today, I was sorta stumped on how to do today's challenge, because I don't really like just painting each one of my nails a completely different color unless it is in like a gradient or has a visible pattern (like red, white, and blue). But then I cam up with an easy idea that I really enjoyed wearing! Today's manicure creates a very cute look but is super easy to do! It doesn't even take a lot of time, just a steady hand and quite a few polishes. For my base color I used two coats of Foreverr 21's Taupe polish. I then added dots with a dotting tool . The colors from bottom to top were Wet n Wild's I Red a Good Book, NYC's Times Square, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow, Maybelline's Color Show Go Go Green, Wet n Wild's I Need a Refresh-mint, and finally Wet n Wild's On a Trip. I love how it almost has a mosiac look to it when my hand is farther away. I was actually surprised at how well it turned out in such a short amount of time. I think I will end up trying it with just using warm colors (reds, oranges, yellows) or cool colors (greens, blues, purples) to see the effect it has. How do you feel about rainbow nails? Do you like having a lot of different colors on your hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment